×

1923

Dr. Eduardo Morgan Alvarez receives his license certificate issued by the Supreme Court of Justice of Panama and begins the practice of law in the City of David, Chiriquí.


1926

Dr. Morgan Alvarez, is not only in the business of Law, he also leaves a legacy to the dedication and service to the community given the fact that since he was very young he was a journalist and founder of two national daily newspapers; a fighter for the dignity of the country; speaker at the political meetings for the opposition of the signature of the Treaty; a member of the Lions Club; Minister of Education; and mostly, a defender of Law and Justice at any price.


1945

Dr. Morgan Alvarez moves out to the Capital City after his designation as Minister of Education.  He establishes his office at the premises across from the current Ministry of Government and Justice, “Hincapié & Morgan”, and become partner to the distinguished Dr. Lorenzo Hincapié. At the same time, his sons, Eduardo Jr. and Juan David, stand out in their studies holding honor rolls both at high school and the University of Panama.


1946

Dr. Morgan Alvarez, achieved an important milestone in the juridical history of the country for being responsible of the creation of labor jurisprudence that favored the workers of the Puerto Armuelles Fruit Company, on winning the case Pro bono, for the defense of workers.  Additionally, he promotes the Autonomy Law for Teachers achieving great advances such as the doubling of their salaries.


1965

Eduardo Morgan Jr. and Juan David Morgan G. majored in Law with the highest honors from Yale University, in the United States, in 1965 and 1969, respectively.


1966

After 19 years of practice and the retirement of Dr. Hincapié due to illness, a new phase begun with Morgan & Morgan.  On returning to Panama and joining the firm that year, Dr. Eduardo Morgan Jr. followed by, Dr. Juan David Morgan G., a new dynamic is given to what had been the litigation Law Firm, including new partners, enlarging the services and expanding internationally in search of new business opportunities.


1970

The firm dedicates to develop its international network of offices in major financial centers around the world. 


1996

Partners at Morgan & Morgan decided to establish MMG Bank & Trust Ltd.


1998

Morgan & Morgan launched MMG Trust (Panama), the headquarters of the Fiduciary activities of the organization.


2011

Morgan & Morgan became the first and only Panamanian law firm to sign the Pro Bono Declaration of the Americas, an initiative of the New York-based Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice through which the leading law firms of the American Continent commit themselves to providing free legal assistance to vulnerable, low - income individuals.


2013

Morgan & Morgan celebrates its 90th anniversary, with a current staff of over 700 people, moves into its brand new headquarters, the MMG Tower, one of Panama’s first eco-friendly buildings. Located in the Costa del Este district of Panama City, the innovative building is a towering testament to the Morgan & Morgan’s corporate social responsibility.


TOP